Savory Marinated Mushroom Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 pounds small fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large saucepan, bring water and lemon juice to a boil. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain; cool.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl with carrots, celery, green pepper, onion, parsley and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Mushroom Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p33
Reviews for Savory Marinated Mushroom Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2011
"my husband loves this salad"