Fresh Mushroom Spinach Salad
I'VE MADE this salad for my husband and me for years. I don't like cooked spinach, so I was looking for an alternative way to prepare this nutritious vegetable. This salad is especially delicious made with fresh spinach from the garden. -Patty Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and croutons. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Reminisce Extra August 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.