- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Spanish Rice
"This recipe is awesome just as is. I've also made it with brown rice. Love it with shredded cheese and a dollop is sour cream and warm tortillas."
"Sce I don't useinstant rice (as this recipe does) would make on stovetop, leaving out green chiles and *most* of taco seasoning (not fond of overly spiced foods). Would add italian herbs and pinch of taco seasoning, plus sweet green peppers nd half a sweet onion or minced dried onion."
"I did not have any green chilies on hand so I left those out. This was quick to put together and delicious. My family loved it.I would suggest testing the rice after 4 hours of cooking. I let it go for 5 and the rice was a little mushy. It was still delicious, but I think it would have been even better cooked a little less."