- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and liquid smoke if desired. Pour half of the sauce into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork chops and remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Saucy Pork Chops
"Followed the recipe exactly and thought it was too ketchup-y for my taste."
"Like another reviewer, my Mom used to fix this years ago. I also added an onion, just sliced it over the top of the chops when I put them in the slow cooker and didn't use Liquid Smoke because I didn't have any. I used half Ketchup and half Heinz Chili Sauce because that's what my Mom used to use and these were scrumptious, delicious, wonderful chops!! I live alone so I cooked the whole batch and froze 3 which I often do. Be sure to use bone-in thick pork chops."
"can ! bake in oven as I don;t have a slow cooker?"
"Thought these were quite tasty. I try to watch my sodium so I did skip the salt and instead used a little Mrs. Dash. Didn't have liquid smoke but put about a tsp of smoked paprika and it was delicious."
"My mother used to make this and I never got her recipe before she passed. This recipe sounded like it so I tried it. So glad to finally find it. The only thing that I changed was that she always included an onion. So I sliced a white onion and browned with the chops. Delicious!"