Sage Onion Quiche Recipe
I reach for this recipe often because it’s so versatileyou can serve it for brunch, as a side dish or as a meatless entree. The fresh sage adds great flavor to the onions.
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; drain. Stir in sage and thyme. Spoon into pastry shell. Sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sage Onion Quiche in Country October/November 2006, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sage Onion Quiche(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >