Double-Crust Onion Quiche
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the cheese, onion, bacon, salt and pepper; mix well. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add egg mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges; cut slits in top.
- 2. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers.
Mar 4, 2018
I have been making this recipe since it first was published in 2003. Since i like serving this on Meatless Mondays, I do omit the bacon. I serve it with fruit and a side of pinto beans. I also caramelize the onions. While this step takes longer, it is well worth the time.