- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a stockpot, saute the onion, carrots and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, oregano, thyme and poultry seasoning until blended.
- Gradually add the broth, potatoes and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken and noodles; simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Reduce heat. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
Sort By :
"This is the chicken noodle soup I've been searching for! What makes this is really the herbs used. I didn't add the potatoes, garlic, or milk-- I wanted it a little more basic-- but the flavor was outstanding without those. Even my normally soup-picky husband commented on how good it was. This is the perfect chicken noodle soup for when you're sick or to warm you up on a cold night!"
"This is a hit with my family of 5. Kids love it, it has a great flavor. I sometimes transfer it to a crockpot to keep it warm if bringing it anywhere. Served with yummy bread!"
"This is potato soup meets chicken noodle soup. It's good, but the combination of potatoes and noodles in the same soup was a little weird to me. If I made it again, I would probably omit the potatoes, and increase the chicken."
"Words can't describe how much I loved this recipe!!!"