Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine rhubarb and strawberries; spoon over crust.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch(12)
Sort By :
Given free rhubarb and didn't know what to make. Thank you Taste of Home!
I love this recipe, but I messed up when I made it the first time. I didn't read the instructions closely and thought all the dry ingredients were for the topping. Well I liked it the way it turned out anyway, so what I do now is halve the crust/topping ingredients, forget about making a crust, put the fruit in the bottom of my dish, pour the sauce over and top with the crumb mixture. Easy and very tasty :)
Made this yesterday & there's nothing left! Even our 10 year old daughter flipped over it! Super easy & delish!
This is amazing! No ice cream needed! Whole wheat flour works great.
This is delicious. I made it using Splenda brown and white sugars. Next time I will try using half whole wheat flour.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisps & Cobblers >