Makeover Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Reduced-fat whipped topping or reduced-fat strawberry ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in strawberries and rhubarb until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar blend and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda brown sugar blend.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2017
I liked that it had less sugar than most recipes of this kind.
Apr 24, 2015
It needs no water. The fruits have enough moisture in them
Jun 28, 2014
There is no water listed in the ingredients.
Jun 26, 2013
Oh yeah - I didn't have any splenda sugar, but would try that way. Any way that we can use rhubarb, I will Love that stuff.
Jul 3, 2012
Made this recipe as stated, and it was wonderful! I doubled the ingredients and baked it in a 9x13 baking dish.
Jul 1, 2012
Feb 13, 2012
My family LOVES this recipe
Jun 9, 2010
This dish was SO EASY TO MAKE!! and it was delicious :) I would highly recommended it to all!
Apr 26, 2010
Great taste, also used regular brown sugar & crumble was dry, I will try a larger pan next time
Apr 16, 2010
I made this for my husband and for a friend of mine. They both gave it a thumbs up. My hubby thought it a touch sweet but liked it. I didn't have the brown sugar blend either so used regular and it was fine. My crunch topping stayed dry. I know my butter was cut in appropriately. I think I might try a smidge more butter next time to try and crunch it up. We will make this again, and I am going to try it with a blueberry/strawberry mix next time.