- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice or white grape juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine egg, oil, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from the pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Rhubarb Oatmeal Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p39
Reviews for Rhubarb Oatmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2012
"The muffins did not rise as I expected. The taste was OK, but there is a dip on the top of the muffin instead of a nice raised top."
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2011
"Great flavor combination and I loved the crunchy topping."