Red Pepper Meat Loaf Recipe
This recipe is a nice substitute for the usual beef meat loaf. It's plenty moist and so flavorful with the sweet red pepper. Leftovers are great for sandwiches the next day.
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Dash dried basil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Red Pepper Meat Loaf in Reminisce Extra May 2010, p52
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Red Pepper Meat Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >