Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme Recipe
Boxed angel food cake speeds prep time but retains the cake's home-baked taste. And the no-cook version of sauce uses handy prepared lemon pie filling and whipped topping for fuss-free fixing and old-fashioned results.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding lemon peel and extract. Bake according to package directions. After baking, immediately invert pan and cool completely. For the sauce, combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and extract in a bowl; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with cake. Store sauce in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review