Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding lemon peel and extract. Bake according to package directions. After baking, immediately invert pan and cool completely. For the sauce, combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and extract in a bowl; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with cake. Store sauce in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme
Sort By :
"And I made it even quicker than this!: I bought a ready-made angel food cake and made the sauce (without extract) to serve along side the cake. I work full time with 3 kids and need to have foods made in a jiffy, especially on an activity night. All 3 kids have gobbled this up!"