- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 celery rib or broccoli stalk
- Sliced apples and assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheeses until smooth. Stir in the cheddar cheese, paprika and cayenne. Shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- With a knife, add vertical lines to the cheese ball to resemble a pumpkin; insert a celery rib or broccoli stalk for the stem. Serve with apples and crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Shaped Cheese Ball
Sort By :
"This spread was excellent. I usually do the one with pineapple, but I wanted to give another one a try. My picky husband loved it. I didn't need a pumpkin, so I just made it into a ball. Like a other reviewer I coated the ball in crushed pecans. Served with Triscuits."
"This is a favorite for my husband and I. It's requested at many functions. The flavor is spot on and the cayanne adds a little kick but isn't too spicy. I don't like spicy at all and I would never make this without the pepper. We don't always make it into a pumpkin but we always make this recipe. I've been asked for the recipe and get rave reviews. We usually end up having this 4 or 5 times a year expecially in the fall. I usually serve it with apples, crackers or celery."
"Served this at a "Little Pumpkin" themed baby shower. Received many compliments on the idea of shaping a cheese ball into a pumpkin, but no compliments regarding the actual flavor of the cheese ball. May try using the pumpkin shape idea with another cheese ball recipe for Thanksgiving."
"We love this recipe. I make tiny ones for each guest and add shredded cheddar to the out side of each "pumpkin" so it is orange. Always a hit!"
"I love this recipe and get asked for it all the time. I add shredded mild cheddar to the outside to make it more orange looking."