- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Potato Bread
"My advice...don't mess with perfection. This bread is wonderful made just as is!"
"One of my absolute favorites! I add 1/4 cup dry milk and 3 tsp vital wheat gluten to mine and it stays soft and delicious!"
"This is my old faithful recipe for the bread machine. Have made this more times than I can count, and it never gets stale!"
"This recipe makes an excellent loaf of bread in my bread machine. I have also experimented with adding eggs to the recipe and got great results. To make this with eggs, replace the water and vegetable oil with three large eggs plus enough water to make 1½ cups total liquid. Whisk the eggs and water together with the sugar and salt and warm the liquid up in the microwave to between 105°F and 115°F. Put the warmed liquid in the bread machine pan and add the potato flakes, flour and yeast as directed.This recipe makes a very soft bread which rises to pretty much fill my 2-pound capacity machine."
"This is delicious !!"