- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Potato Bread
Sort By :
Made this bread many time and it always turned out delicious!
I've made this bread several times now and it consistently makes a delicious, soft, tender loaf of bread. I've also started making this through the dough cycle and then using it for cinnamon rolls and it works perfectly for those, too.
My advice...don't mess with perfection. This bread is wonderful made just as is!
This has become my staple bread recipe. I really love it. The problem I don't think it tastes much like Potato bread. I think it makes a wonderful, soft white bread (which is why I make a loaf of this every week) but to me it just does not fit the bill of a potato bread.
One of my absolute favorites! I add 1/4 cup dry milk and 3 tsp vital wheat gluten to mine and it stays soft and delicious!