- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Potato Bread
Sort By :
"I've made this bread several times now and it consistently makes a delicious, soft, tender loaf of bread. I've also started making this through the dough cycle and then using it for cinnamon rolls and it works perfectly for those, too."
"My advice...don't mess with perfection. This bread is wonderful made just as is!"
"One of my absolute favorites! I add 1/4 cup dry milk and 3 tsp vital wheat gluten to mine and it stays soft and delicious!"
"This is my old faithful recipe for the bread machine. Have made this more times than I can count, and it never gets stale!"
"I've had this recipe for years and use it all the time. I use my machine to mix it up and then shape it into rolls, smaller loaves of bread, cinnamon bread or even use it for pizza crust. I highly recommend it!"