- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 4 slices onion (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar; add onion slices. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the garlic, basil and remaining oil. Brush over both sides of mushroom caps; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey and remaining vinegar to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade from onions. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill onions and mushrooms over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning frequently.
- Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato and mozzarella. Drizzle with reserved balsamic-honey sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Portobello Mushroom Burgers in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p195
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Portobello Mushroom Burgers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >