Portobello Gnocchi Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh baby arugula or fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, cut in half
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook gnocchi in 1 tablespoon oil for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Remove from the skillet; cool slightly.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Place mushrooms and gnocchi in a serving bowl. Add lemon juice and remaining oil; gently toss to coat.
- Add the tomatoes, garbanzo beans, arugula, olives, parsley, capers, lemon peel, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Garnish with cheese and walnuts. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Portobello Gnocchi Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p102
Reviews for Portobello Gnocchi Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2015
"Very delicious and different."