- 2 pork cutlets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flatten meat to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, seasoned salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place bread crumbs and paprika in a third shallow dish. Coat meat with flour; dip in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm. Stir 1/3 cup broth into a skillet, scraping browned bits. In a bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the sour cream, dill, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with cutlets. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Schnitzel with Sauce
Sort By :
"This was very good. I really liked the sauce. I served the pork with rice and roasted asparagus.The sauce was very good with the rice. this is a keeper"
"This was really delicious, sauce and all. Only thing I did was salt the meat a little bit and I used panko crumbs. Made for a crispy breading. Flavors were spot on. Served this with onion and chive mashed potatoes and saut?ed brussel sprouts with bacon and balsamic vinegar. Wonderful meal"
"This is one of our families news favorites!!! I do have to cut the sauce down as it makes quiet a bit."