Air-Fryer Pork Schnitzel
This recipe is one of my husband's favorites because it reminds him of his German roots. Cooking pork schnitzel in an air fryer is genius, because we can eat in a jiffy. —Joyce Folker, Paraowan, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 pork sirloin cutlets (4 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, seasoned salt and pepper. In a second shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk until blended. In a third bowl, mix bread crumbs and paprika.
- Pound pork cutlets with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip cutlets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place pork in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes longer. Remove to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream and dill; heat through (do not boil). Serve with pork.
Test Kitchen tip