- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (8 ounces each )
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut and brown sugar. Top with the pork chops, green pepper and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
"I only used about half of the brown sugar and would leave if out next time. Didn't enjoy the sweetness. I did add a cut up red potato on top with a little salt and pepper. Good"
"I would not make it for me, but everyone else enjoyed it tremendously. And I mean everyone. Maybe I don't like sauerkraut as much as I thought. To reiterate, it was highly popular with everyone else (5 other people who do like sauerkraut)."
"I always not only drain sauerkraut, but also rinse it well: it's sour enugh! I had mashed potatoes with this dish and it was perfect."
"Awful...ended up costing me ingredients and $25 for pizza...it was that bad!!! My husband who will eat anything took one bite and could not choke it down...had the perfect pork chops too...its a shame they had to be thrown in the trash. What a waste!!!"