Pork Chops with Cumin Rice Recipe
Cumin lends a real Southwestern flair to this satisfying main dish sent by Loyse Keith, Enumclaw, Washington. The tender baked chops pick up extra flavor from the well-seasoned rice. "Sometimes I use celery instead of green pepper and boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the pork chops," Loyse notes.
- 2 bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a small ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Dissolve bouillon in water pour into skillet and stir to loosen the browned bits. Stir in the rice, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce and cumin.
- Place chops over rice. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear and rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Cumin Rice in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p16
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Cumin Rice(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >