- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Stir in the onion, broth, caraway seeds, pepper and celery seed. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until tender. Add sauerkraut and apple.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Before serving, sprinkle with bacon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops and Sauerkraut
Sort By :
"This was very good. My son's first attempt at making pork chops. It was simple enough for him and the ingredients were all on hand."
"Very good. I have been making it for years.My husband likes it."