Pork Chops 'n' Pierogies Recipe
- 8 frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1. Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add apple; saute until almost tender. Stir in the sugar, vinegar, and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain pierogies. Add pork chops and pierogies to skillet; stir to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/2 each) equals 730 calories, 33 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 1,207 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops 'n' Pierogies
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer