Gluten-Free Dredged Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Gluten-Free Flour Mixture, divided (recipe also on this page)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour mixture, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with sage and rosemary; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in pan drippings. Combine remaining flour mixture and juice until smooth. Stir into skillet; add nuts. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 309 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 12, 2019
Very tasty. Only wish it made more sauce to go with the thick chops we had.
May 28, 2018
We love it and make it regularly! It's easy and tasty every time, even without the sauce.
Aug 19, 2014
This is a fantastic recipe! The gluten free flour browned nicely to create a good crispiness that paired well with the sweetness of the onions and apple juice in the sauce. I'll be putting this in my regular recipe rotation.
Apr 20, 2013
This was really yummy and moist. Will make again! I did use regular flour.
May 18, 2009
Do you have e-mail that someone could e-mail it to you?
Apr 14, 2009
I subscribe to several of the mags, but it won't let me on to view this recipe. Oh, well. Margaret