When I had hungry children in the kitchen and nothing but leftovers, I invented these quesadillas. Now it's how we always use up our potatoes, meats and sometimes veggies. —Andrea Dibble, Solon, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated sour cream and chive mashed potatoes
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Spritz cooking spray over one side of each tortilla. Place half of the tortillas on a griddle, greased side down. Spread with mashed potatoes; top with ham, cheese and remaining tortillas, greased side up. Cook over medium heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla: 630 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1559mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Pierogi Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015