Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 cups small curd Daisy cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese and eggs. Stir in the flour, salt and 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 3 qts. of water to a boil. Reduce heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into simmering water, stirring gently to prevent sticking; cook pierogi in batches for 4-6 minutes or until slightly firm. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain; cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and pierogi in remaining butter until lightly browned. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 150 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
May 24, 2017
Very authentic Polish recipe. .Another Polish practice is to roll these in bread crumbs before frying in butter and onions. Bread crumbs give a nice crispness. Thanks for not calling these PIEROGIES. Pierogi is already plural, the singular is pierog
Apr 11, 2011
Nice and easy recipe, I would add some cheddar cheese for more flavour. Will play with some spices as well and see what I can come up with.