- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg and onion salt. In another bowl, combine potatoes, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place 3 noodles in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cottage cheese mixture and 3 more noodles. Top with potato mixture, remaining noodles and sauteed onion. Top with remaining 1/3 cup cheese. Cover and bake at 350° until heated through, 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
1 each: 223 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.