Pierogi Chicken Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pierogi
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2x1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pierogi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; saute chicken and onion until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat; saute pierogi until lightly browned. Stir in chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; remove from heat and let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 444 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Jul 26, 2019
I made this recipe using several ideas from other reviewers. I used garlic and added a few mushrooms and some cream of chicken soup with some milk. I did not add the cheese. I really liked this recipe with the additions that had been suggested.
May 19, 2018
Very good. Added garlic as others suggested. My peirogies did get a little mushy while sauteing. Not sure how to fix that. House smelled amazing.
May 31, 2017
This was a simple but very tasty dinner. We are big pierogi fans...love that I have a new way of making them.
Mar 20, 2017
I added garlic, mushrooms and a little cream....it was fantastic!
Feb 28, 2017
The taste is excellent. My husband loved it. As others have stated, we would probably not put cheese on top the next time. The only reason for giving it a 4-star rather than a 5-star review is it took about 50 minutes to prep/make this dish rather than the 30 minutes listed.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Feb 10, 2017
Hubby and I both loved this dish!! Delicious and so easy to put together on a weeknight! The only change I made was a little extra butter and I used garlic.
May 12, 2012
We absolutely love this recipe and have made it many times. It is so easy. It is a little heavy, but worth it
Apr 24, 2012
This is a great recipe! I used 2 packages of the mini pierogies and didn't add the cheese. I also made a few other changes I used Market Day "A Salt For All Seasonings" to season the chicken vs. the Salt & Pepper. I also cooked the chicken in about 1/4 cup of White Cooking Wine or you could use Chicken Broth and then added a can of Cream of Chicken Soup for a nice sauce. If it's too thick just add a little milk. It turned out great and everyone in my family loved it.
May 26, 2011
My husband and 3 kiddos all loved this recipe. I did not add the cheese, but did add a can of mushroom soup and a little sour cream to give it a nice sauce. SO GOOD! Thanks for a great base recipe to jump from. :)
Mar 14, 2011
My husband loved this recipe and told me I can make it anytime. I did add a little bacon to it, but otherwise did the recipe as stated.