- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 5 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups beef broth
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chops, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet; brown the chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4-in. cubes. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion to the skillet. Pour broth over all; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chop Supper
Sort By :
"I added the remaining flour to a small amount of the COLD beef broth and added in with the broth, This is a very good recipe and I would recommend using all the flour. Will make again and again."
"I made this last night and my husband LOVED IT!!!! Will be making again and will try with chicken with chicken broth. A keeper"
"12/11 I made this tonight, using boneless thick cut chops, 4 beef bullion cubes, 4 cups of water and minced onion with the potatoes and carrots because that's what I had on hand. It was amazing! My fiance, his friend and my son want me to make it again for company tomorrow! I'm thinking I may just throw it in the crock pot after browning instead of doing it all in a skillet.12/13 So, by request I made these again last night for company. This time I didn't brown them, instead I layered them in a crock pot with garlic salt and thyme. I put potatoes and baby carrots on top of the pork chops and added 3 cups of water and 3 beef bullion cubes and a packet of dry onion soup mix. I cooked it on high for 6 hours and when it was done I removed the veggies and chops and thickened the juice with a roux to make gravy and it turned out even better than the first time! We had left overs and they're even better today! Best pork chop recipe ever!!"
"Super easy, quick, cheap, and my husband loved it! Its' a winner! I used boneless chops. Next time I will cut the veggies larger than indicated, and cook it until just done. the size of the veg and cooking time made them a little too soft for my liking."
"So tender and tasty. Delicious and easy!"