This pie is easy to make and good for any occasion. My husband served in the military for many years and, as we traveled, I served this pie many times.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked or 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Shaved semisweet chocolate, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, lime juice and pineapple. Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon into crust. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon over filling. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired. Chill for at least 8 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Lime Pie in Country Extra March 1997, p51
Reviews for Pineapple Lime Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2014
"This pie is very refreshing and sweet. My husband especially enjoyed it. I have also made it adding 8 oz. cream cheese."