- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, soak tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute tomatoes in butter for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the pepperoni, cheese, cream, basil, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pepperoni Penne Carbonara
"Made this tonight for dinner. My family liked it. It has good flavor, I just didn't care for the turkey pepperoni in it. I knew one cup would be too much, so I cut it to a half cup or so. If I make it again, I will just omit the turkey pepperoni."
"This was really good! Everyone really liked it. I will definitely make this again."
"A great change to pasta night. I will definitely make this again."
"Very easy, quick dish to make. I used the ready to eat Italian seasoned dried tomato and cut them into small pieces and found that was more than enough for the dish. My husband and son are hearty eaters so used a full package of regular Italian pepperoni. I used a pizza cutter to quickly cut stacks of the pepperoni and was done in less than a minute.I added the shredded cheese as a topping instead of mixing in. Just sprinkled on top, covered and let heat on low a few minutes until melted."
"Four stars for using turkey pepperoni. Good quality original pepperoni is paramount for flavor. Otherwise, great dish : )"