- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, soak tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute tomatoes in butter for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the pepperoni, cheese, cream, basil, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pepperoni Penne Carbonara
"This was really good! Everyone really liked it. I will definitely make this again."
"A great change to pasta night. I will definitely make this again."
"Very easy, quick dish to make. I used the ready to eat Italian seasoned dried tomato and cut them into small pieces and found that was more than enough for the dish. My husband and son are hearty eaters so used a full package of regular Italian pepperoni. I used a pizza cutter to quickly cut stacks of the pepperoni and was done in less than a minute.I added the shredded cheese as a topping instead of mixing in. Just sprinkled on top, covered and let heat on low a few minutes until melted."
"Four stars for using turkey pepperoni. Good quality original pepperoni is paramount for flavor. Otherwise, great dish : )"
"Very easy and tastes great. I used regular pepperoni because that's what I had on hand, so I omitted the extra salt."
"This was delicious. I did make a few changes. As suggested in a prior review I cut the sun dried tomatoes down to 1 cup. There was plenty of flavor, any more would have been too much. Also, the next time I make this I am going to stir in the Parmesan cheese right before serving; after all the other ingredients have been mixed with the pasta. When added before, the cheese melted and made it "gloppy" ,therefore, making it hard to mix with the pasta. My family are picky eaters and they all came back for seconds!"
"easy and good. I thought it had just the right blend of pepperoni spiciness to creaminess. Wouldn't really call it carbonara though."
"I thought this tasted amazing. Maybe a tad too many sundries tomatoes. I used a dry pack thinking it was enough but it only measured to one cup. I made up the other cup with some tomatoes I had in oil. Like the previous reviewer, I washed all the oil off & soaked them with the dry. Didn't notice the difference between them in the recipe, but like I said it was too much. Still really good though. Next time I'll just use the one dry pack."
"Delicious! I added bacon, just because bacon is wonderous! :D"