- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, soak tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute tomatoes in butter for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the pepperoni, cheese, cream, basil, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pepperoni Penne Carbonara
Sort By :
"I thought this tasted amazing. Maybe a tad too many sundries tomatoes. I used a dry pack thinking it was enough but it only measured to one cup. I made up the other cup with some tomatoes I had in oil. Like the previous reviewer, I washed all the oil off & soaked them with the dry. Didn't notice the difference between them in the recipe, but like I said it was too much. Still really good though. Next time I'll just use the one dry pack."
"Delicious! I added bacon, just because bacon is wonderous! :D"
"This dish came together really quickly and had a great flavor. Everyone loved it!"
"A new favorite!! The whole family loved it!!!!"
"Loved this!! I used the oil packed tomatoes which I drained really well and patted dry and they seemed to work just fine. Definitely a restaurant quality dish!"