Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 to 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken
Sort By :
"This was really great. There is a mistake in the recipe though. It calls for 2 cups gorgonzola and in parenthesis it states 8oz. So I just put in one cup. I think anymore would have been overpowering. I will make this again. If you don't like blue cheese then you wont like this recipe. Also, the sauce thickened as it cooled. I think this would be great with steak pieces instead of chicken since blue cheese and steak go so well together."
"i love pasta and really freak out on good strong cheeses,so by addng these two together is a match to send me into an orbit of pasta paradise."
"This meal was great for the family we all loved it but we did change the recipe a little instead of 2 cups of gorgonzola we used on cup and one cup of mozzarella but if we did add two cups of gorgonzola it would have been to strong."
"I made the recipe as written. It was creamy and looked nice but my family's taste wasn't for the bitter edge that came from the Gorgonzola and sage. This was our first experience with both. I'd like to try again with half mozzarella, a different herb and I like Melissa's idea of adding broccoli to lighten the whole experience."
"Flavor was ok. I felt the sauce to be too runny. I added broccoli , and used half and half to cut the calories."