Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 to 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken(25)
Sort By :
This is awesome! I did use a little less Gorgonzola. The package I had was only 5 ounces, but I think that was enough. This is totally delicious. The fresh sage really adds to it.
I'm not a blue cheese fan but this was wonderful. My whole family loved it! I did leave out the sage leaves but I was brave and cooked it with the full amount of Gorgonzola. It was delicious. But if you're skittish about blue cheese you certainly could do a half & half thing with some mozzarella or another cheese. Or substitute it altogether. I think the overall experience would be just as good.
Everyone enjoyed it, but personally, I felt the Gorgonzola was a little overpowering. I think if I make it again, I'll do half the Gorgonzola and then add in another type of cheese.
It was easy, quick and made a nice presentation. We don't like sage so I omitted it. I also added mushrooms and real bacon pieces. We liked it but thought it would be MUCH better with smoked Gouda instead of the Gorgonzola, which taste too much like blue cheese for our taste.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >