- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional hoisin sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrot is tender; drain. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the chestnuts, onions, snow peas, teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, vinegar and oil; heat through. Divide among lettuce leaves; drizzle with additional hoisin sauce if desired. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Peanutty Asian Lettuce Wraps
"I usually buy a package Lettuce Wrap packet. This recipe is amazing! It is a definately keeper!"
"waaaay too salty! good flavor, though."
"Very good! Did not have any snow peas on hand. Grabbed reduced sodium soy sauce instead of the reduced sodium teriyaki sauce from the fridge. Used 6 frozen chicken tenderloins, thawed then diced, instead of turkey. Added a small amount of broccoli slaw in addition to the carrots. I used carrots that were the store bought julienned style then I cut them up with kitchen shears in a bowl. Used warmed flour tortillas instead of lettuce for the wrap. My husband said next time try chunky peanut butter. Will definitely make this again!"
"Easy & Delish!"
"Reminds me of something I might have in a Thai restaurant."
"This was delicious and so flavourful as others have said. Made it exactly as written and will definitely make it again!"
"Delicious! Better than restaurant quality. A big hit at our house!"
"Yum! This recipe was a hit , will definately make again. I used ground chicken, subbed red bell pepper & cole slaw mix for the snow peas & water chestnut s to use what I had.Chopped all veggies small in food processor.Added a touch of Chinese 5 spice to the sauce.Served with coconut rIce & fresh fruit.I used butter lettuce leaves(couldn't find bibb). I think endive leaves would work better. This would also work well as a filling for spring rolls, an Asian wrapp sandwich or Asian taco.."
"I made this recipe substituting cubed turkey and omitting the snow peas (personal preference) and they were amazing!! My 7 year old even loved them and rated them a 10 out of 10! Other readers were right, a little messy but definitely worth it!!"