This recipe packs so much flavor into a beautiful, healthy presentation. I love to serve it as an hors d'oeuvre or as the main dish when I have folks over. It's always a hit! I usually serve it with a little extra hoisin on the side. —Mandy Rivers, Lexington, South Carolina
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional hoisin sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrot is tender; drain. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the chestnuts, onions, snow peas, teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, vinegar and oil; heat through. Divide among lettuce leaves; drizzle with additional hoisin sauce if desired. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peanutty Asian Lettuce Wraps in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p33
Reviews for Peanutty Asian Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review