Peach Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 12 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, flour, honey, lemon juice and salt; let stand for 15 minutes. Fold in blackberries. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until crumbly. Make a well in the center; pour in buttermilk. Stir just until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls over fruit mixture; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peach Blackberry Cobbler
Sort By :
"Delicious! I enjoyed the recipe as written. It was my first time peeling fresh peaches, and even with blanching them it was a lot of work. It says that canned can be substituted, but how many cups/cans would that be?"
"I always have frozen peaches & Blackberries on hand and this cobbler is a delicious way to use the fruit. We like it warm topped with vanilla ice cream! One of our family favorites!!"
"I just made this for a gathering. It was delicious! I altered the honey with 3/4 c. Splenda with the fruit and used 1/2 c. Splenda for the batter. I also reduced to 2T lemon juice. Be sure to watch time for the topping to be completely cooked. I had never used buttermilk before, it was SO good!"
"This was good given my husband doesn't care for peaches or buttermilk, and he liked it. However, it was a bit tart. When I was making it I thought 3T of lemon juice sounded like a lot so if I make it again I will try it with less. Also, it would be helpful if the peaches could be given in cups, as I only had small ones which made it tricky to get the correct amount."