Pea 'n' Peanut Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, peanuts, celery, bacon and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Italian dressing. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Pea 'n' Peanut Salad(7)
Sort By :
I had a salad like this at a potluck years ago and have been looking for a similar recipe ever since. This is fabulous though I may add less mayo next time.
Wow! What a fun & unexpected salad! I did substitute vidalia onion vinaigrette for the Italian dressing because that's all I had on hand. It still tasted great & I will be making this often. Great summertime dish.
Everyone loves this salad....to change it up a bit, I use Honey Roasted Peanuts.
DELICIOUS! Easy to make! The peanuts added a WONDERFUL surprising CRUNCHINESS.
This was my contribution to "salad day" at work. It got rave reviews. Instead of cooked and crumbled bacon, I used Hormel Real Bacon Bits. I plan to add some cubed or shredded cheddar cheese the next time I make it.