- 8 small red potatoes
- 8 small white potatoes
- 8 small blue potatoes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together first eight ingredients. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan. Roast until tender, about 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix sauce ingredients. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Patriotic Potatoes with Mustard Sauce
"Very tasty. Loved the addition of stone ground mustard to a potato topping."
"Good. very easy to make. Could make potatoes ahead, wrap in foil and reheat on grill for camping, picnic, or tailgating... If sauce made ahead, I would let come to room temp and then just toss hot potatoes with sauce before serving."
"This recipe was amazing, very easy to make and a great alternative to potato salad. The sauce was creamy, delicious, and made a surprisingly elegant dish."