- 8 small red potatoes
- 8 small white potatoes
- 8 small blue potatoes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together first eight ingredients. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan. Roast until tender, about 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix sauce ingredients. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Patriotic Potatoes with Mustard Sauce
"Good. very easy to make. Could make potatoes ahead, wrap in foil and reheat on grill for camping, picnic, or tailgating... If sauce made ahead, I would let come to room temp and then just toss hot potatoes with sauce before serving."
"This recipe was amazing, very easy to make and a great alternative to potato salad. The sauce was creamy, delicious, and made a surprisingly elegant dish."