This is an easy dish to freeze ahead for company. A yummy combination of spiral pasta, crab and sauteed veggies is coated with a buttery sauce, then covered with cheddar cheese. All that's needed to complete the meal is a warm garlic bread and a tossed green salad. —Georgia Mountain Tampa, Florida
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions, mushrooms and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the crab, sour cream, salt and basil.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (3-4 servings each).
Originally published as Pasta Crab Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta Crab Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review