Pasta Crab Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions, mushrooms and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the crab, sour cream, salt and basil.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (3-4 servings each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta Crab Casserole
Sort By :
"made this last nite it was terrible as waste of good crab meat i doubled the recipe and thinking it would be good only to throw it out"
"Really enjoyed this dish. I added a few frozen peas (mostly for color) and a teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning."
"This was very quick and easy to make."
"I made this recipe almost exactly as written the first time I tried it, only using less onion. Two large onions is WAY too much. As I suspected, 8 ounces of pasta for two casseroles was WAY too little. The second time I used a pound box of pasta. I think it worked much better!! Other than that, my family loves this recipe. The imitation crabmeat often goes on sale buy one get one free around here, so now I always grab it and eagerly look forward to this meal!!"
"This was very good and easy to make. I substituted roasted red pepper for the green pepper and used imitation crab."