Don't want any leftovers on January 2? Serve these sausages January 1, suggests JoAnn Renner of Xenia, Ohio! "I've never had even one end up uneaten," she says.
- 2 pounds smoked sausage links
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Russian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Sliced green onions, optional
- Cut sausages diagonally into 1/2-in. slices; cook in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Transfer sausages to a 3-qt. slow cooker; discard drippings.
- Add dressings, brown sugar and juice to skillet; cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over sausages. Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Party Sausages in Country Woman January/February 1997, p10
Reviews for Party Sausages
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review