Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup giardiniera, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 cooked Italian sausage links
- 4 brat buns or hot dog buns, split
- Additional giardiniera, optional
- In a bowl, combine giardiniera and sugar; set aside.
- Place cheese in buns; top with sausages and giardiniera mixture. Wrap individually in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12x10 in.). Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. If desired, serve with additional giardiniera.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 584 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1401mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2015
This was a good recipe but I'm definitely going to have to make some changes next time. The problem was that the bottom of the buns were so burnt that they were black and inedible. Next time I will cook the sausages, stuff with giardiniera and cheese, put in the buns and toast under the broiler for just a few minutes.
Sep 14, 2010
I was wondering what the stuff it, myself!
Sep 11, 2009
I guess it's an Italian relish.
Sep 8, 2009
i was wondering that myself
Oct 11, 2008
What is giardiniera?