- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook the first five ingredients over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Add pasta sauce, salt and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rotini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for One-Pot Saucy Beef Rotini
"Quick dinner but I also left out mushrooms and added cheese. Not sure I will make again."
"Yuck! No flavor. I was soooo hungry but even that did not make it tasty."
"This really had no flavor. I had to put loads of cheese on it to make it edible. My three kids wouldn't touch it either."
"I always look for the quick and easy dishes for week nights when I'm rushed. This one filled the bill. I used a pound of hamburger which was perfect. I feed a non-mushroom lover so I left them out. I think they are important to the texture of the dish so I really missed them. Still, it was yummy and made plenty for leftovers."