On-the-Go Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Wipe skillet clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk five eggs. Pour into same skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk remaining eggs, milk and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in 2/3 cup cheese, sausage and scrambled eggs.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for On-the-Go Breakfast Muffins(1)
Sort By :
These muffins are fantastic! I'm not a big fan of sausage so I substituted a pound of bacon and added a tablespoon of dried chives. They were super easy to make and had just the right balance of sweet and savory. I can't say yet how well they freeze and reheat, but this recipe is definitely a keeper. They are light, fluffy and much tastier (and cheaper) than the store bought breakfast sandwiches.
More Recipe Collections
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Bread Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Breakfast Recipes >