My muffins are a frequent request from everyone in the family. I usually make them on Sunday nights, so when we're running late on weekday mornings, the kids can grab these to eat on the bus. —Irene Wayman, Grantsville, Utah
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 7 large eggs, divided use
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Wipe skillet clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk five eggs. Pour into same skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk remaining eggs, milk and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in 2/3 cup cheese, sausage and scrambled eggs.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, microwave each muffin on high for 45-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as On-the-Go Breakfast Muffins in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for On-the-Go Breakfast Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review