- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon slices
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp, mushrooms and green pepper. Saute until shrimp turn pink, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place on a large serving platter. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, salt, pepper and parsley. Toss well; garnish with lemon. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for North Carolina Shrimp Saute
Sort By :
Yum, sweet, buttery, salty, all in all delicious! I added an extra clove of garlic and doubled the black pepper.
I have never made this exact recipe, but do one very similar which I love. I wonder if the amount of green pepper might overpower the delicate taste of shrimp.
We added a bit more butter to suit our personal taste. FANTASTIC!