Seafood is very popular in my state. I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and I've altered it several times. It is truly a family favorite.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon slices
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp, mushrooms and green pepper. Saute until shrimp turn pink, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place on a large serving platter. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, salt, pepper and parsley. Toss well; garnish with lemon. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as North Carolina Shrimp Saute in Country February/March 1992, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for North Carolina Shrimp Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review