When guests are coming for lunch or dinner in the warm summer months, I like to serve this attractive, colorful salad. The dressing is refreshingly tart. A neighbor shared the recipe years ago and I've passed it on many times.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 5 medium ripe nectarines, thinly sliced
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lime juice, sugar, thyme, oil and garlic; shake well.
- On a serving platter, arrange salad greens, chicken and nectarines. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Nectarine Chicken Salad in Country Woman July/August 2000, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Nectarine Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review