Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Recipe
All you need is one skillet to make this delicious scaled-down dinner from Margery Bryan of Moses Lake, Washington. It's an easy way to dress up packaged noodles and sauce, plus clean-up is a breeze.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (4.4 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and Alfredo sauce mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter for 6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Stir in water and milk; bring to a boil. Stir in contents of noodles and sauce mix; boil for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Chicken Alfredo in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Chicken Alfredo(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Alfredo >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >