Monterey Spaghetti Recipe
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture with Monterey Jack cheese, spinach and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated though. Top with remaining onions; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Monterey Spaghetti
Sort By :
Both my Nephew and I love preparing this recipe just as it is and have been making it since it first appeared in Taste of Home, just can't imagine changing a thing. A wonderful side dish that has not only become a family favorite but something we are proud to serve our guest or take to Church Dinners.
I love this recipe! I do adapt it a bit--add cooked chicken, use angel hair pasta (and more like 8-10 oz), 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, no french-fried onions, and added a little chicken broth and heavy cream or milk. Yum!
I have had this recipe for years and has always been one of my favorites. This size casserole just isn't enough to feed 5. I guess if I want some next time, I'm going to have to double the recipe.
I've made this many times over the past 15 years or so. Just about everyone loves this dish. I add a little milk to keep it moist during baking. To make it more filling, stir in some diced cooked chicken.
This recipe was just okay. I expected it to have more flavor (bling). It seemed somewhat dry. My husband did have seconds. I made the Baked Spaghetti Recipe last week which I felt was excellent and will make again soon. Not so with this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Spaghetti Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >