Monterey Spaghetti Recipe
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture with Monterey Jack cheese, spinach and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated though. Top with remaining onions; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Monterey Spaghetti(7)
Sort By :
I love this recipe! I do adapt it a bit--add cooked chicken, use angel hair pasta (and more like 8-10 oz), 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, no french-fried onions, and added a little chicken broth and heavy cream or milk. Yum!
I have had this recipe for years and has always been one of my favorites. This size casserole just isn't enough to feed 5. I guess if I want some next time, I'm going to have to double the recipe.
I've made this many times over the past 15 years or so. Just about everyone loves this dish. I add a little milk to keep it moist during baking. To make it more filling, stir in some diced cooked chicken.
This recipe was just okay. I expected it to have more flavor (bling). It seemed somewhat dry. My husband did have seconds. I made the Baked Spaghetti Recipe last week which I felt was excellent and will make again soon. Not so with this recipe.
I've been making this recipe since it first appeared in 1994! Loved it then, love it now.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Spaghetti Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >