Mom's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, saltines, onion, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spread 3/4 cup over meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Meat Loaf(31)
Sort By :
I have tried so many good meatloaf recipes, but this one is soooo delicious!!! I will definitely be making this one more often. So easy and the house smells wonderful while it's cooking!
This is a yummy classic meat loaf recipe. Who doesn't love a classic meat loaf?!
We love the topping of ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce...I make the meatloaf a little differently, but definitely a keeper.
This meatloaf is out of this world! I did use breadcrumbs instead of saltines since I didn't have any in the house and it still came out beautifully. I will make this again and again for my friends and family!
The best meatloaf I have ever made or eaten! Perfect the way it is.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >