Mom's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"Made this for my family tonight & it was a hit! Future husband told me it was better than his mom's :-) super easy to make as well, will definitely be my go to meatloaf recipe!"
"I used a little bit of ground pork with the ground beef and used poultry seasoning instead of sage... I didn't think such a simple meatloaf recipe would come out so simply DELICIOUS!!! So much more easier than the meatloaf I usually make, this is ridiculously good!!! My family loved it!!"
"I have been using this meatloaf recipe for almost 17 years now, and there are never any leftovers!!! I have played with it some over the years and it can be as sweet as you want it to be or just use less of the brown sugar. My family loves this recipe, thank you for sharing."
"Awful to sweet"
"I have made this recipe for several years! sometimes I add grated cheese inside. sometimes I make into about 7 or 8 small loaves and bake about 45 minutes when I'm in a hurry."