- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"The worst meatloaf Ive ever tasted. I followed recipe to the "T".Yak!!!!"
"This was excellent!!! Thank you for sharing your mothers recipe with us. Everyone's taste is different and tweeks things the way they want. I think if you do not have something nice to say, you should not say it at all.We LOVED the recipe..."
"Delicious!! Can't wait for leftovers. Made mashed potatoes and Pioneers Womans Best Green Beans. Also made a fruit salad. Sooooo good"
"We love this meatloaf, even my meatloaf hating son. The sauce is the winner and is sooo yummy! This isn't to sweet for us, but can easily be adjusted for others who don't like it this sweet. The only adjustment I do is use bread crumbs instead of crackers."