Moist Red Pepper Corn Bread Recipe
The name of this recipe says it all—except how delicious they are for scooping up that last drop of soups and stews! —Katherine Thompson, Tybee Island, Georgia
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, flax, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the corn, 1 cup cheese and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 251 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC