Moist Red Pepper Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, flax, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the corn, 1 cup cheese and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 251 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Moist Red Pepper Corn Bread
"Yum! I admit I didn't follow this exactly since I only had a box of corn muffin mix rather than corn meal. I added just under a cup of flour to it and had to bake it 10 more minutes, but it turned out beautifully! I am done with gritty dry cornbread. I love the actual niblets of corn inside."
"Too dense and heavy for my taste. I have much better corn bread recipes."
"It says 9 servings; I'd say at least 12. This was okay but I doubt I will make it again; we will stick with regular cornbread, no corn or cheese."
"My husband loved this along with the quinoa turkey chili"
"Nothing extremely special about this recipe. I wasn't took crazy about the results but the family liked it. Moist...that's definately a plus!"