Our family enjoys this beef-stuffed corn bread with a simple side dish like stewed tomatoes, beans, slaw or greens.—Elizabeth Sanders, Obion, Tennessee
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream and oil. In another bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt; fold in the chilies, green pepper, onion and pimientos. Add the egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour half into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with beef. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon remaining cornmeal mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Corn Bread in Country Ground Beef 1993, p88
Reviews for Moist Mexican Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review