- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls (12 count), thawed but still cold
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 bun-length beef hot dogs
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- Let dough stand at room temperature 15-20 minutes or until soft enough to shape. Cut each roll in half; shape each half into a 3-in.-long mini hot dog bun. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake buns 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a 15x10x1-in. baking pan, toss bread crumbs with onion, oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Cook hot dogs and macaroni and cheese according to package directions. To serve, cut hot dogs crosswise in half. Split buns; fill with hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Mac & Cheese Dogs
"These were fun to put together with my son."
"The oniony crunch made this dish. I enjoyed the mac & cheese & hot dog w/o the roll, but everyone else had the bread. This was so easy to make; it really brought out the inner kid!!! Delicious! Will put it in my keeper file."